1. Peel squash, cut in half, and remove seeds. Cut the squash
into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Prepare fresh chilies by roasting the peppers either by
placing them over a stovetop gas flame or roasting under an
oven broiler, turning them frequently until all sides are
charred black, about 7-10 minutes. Place roasted peppers in
a plastic bag, let rest and cool, about 15 minutes. Remove
the stems and seeds and chop.
3. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring for
about 3 minutes. Add the squash, salt, and chili powder.
Cover and cook, stir occasionally about 10-12 minutes. Stir
in chopped chilies and cook about 3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and cover until cheese melts, about 2
5. Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.