An on-the-go, low-calorie treat packed with flavor!
Recipe courtesy of OSU Extension Service; foodhero.org
Make it a parfait! Serve granola atop low-fat plain yogurt with fresh fruit to add more calcium and fiber.
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons honey
¼ cup powdered milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups uncooked, old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 cup raisins
• Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
• Warm oil and honey in a skillet for one minute over medium heat. Add powdered milk and vanilla.
• Stir in oats and sunflower seeds, and mix until coated with oil and honey mixture. Heat over medium heat. Stir until oatmeal is slightly brown.
• Take off heat. Stir in raisins. Pour granola onto lined baking sheet. Spread evenly over baking sheet.
• Cool mixture. Store in an airtight container (jar or plastic bag).
Per serving: 120 calories, 5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 2 g fiber, 5 mg sodium, 88 mg potassium, 4 mg magnesium, 14 mg calcium