California Grilled Chicken Avocado and Mango Salad
Fill up with some lean meat and mango with this savory sweet salad! Recipe courtesy of www.skinnytaste.com.
Don’t fear fat. Avocados are nutrient powerhouses that are full of healthy fats and can fit into the DASH eating plan. A little goes a long way, so be mindful and enjoy a reasonable amount. Enjoy this salad with a cold glass of milk to help meet your daily DASH goals.
12 oz grilled chicken breast, sliced
1 cup diced avocado
1 cup diced mango
2 tablespoons diced red onion
6 cups baby red butter lettuce
For the vinaigrette:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1) Whisk the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together and set aside.
2) Toss the avocado, mango, chicken, and red onion together.
3) Fill a large salad platter with baby greens or divide them amongst four plates.
4) Top the greens with the chicken and avocado mixture.
5) Drizzle the dressing amongst the four servings.
Per serving: 290 calories, 17 g total fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 13 g carbohydrates, 24 g protein, 4 g fiber, 490 mg sodium, 455 mg potassium, 26 mg magnesium, 39 mg calcium